What the Hell is a Radical Woman of Color?
Real stories by Radical Women of Color and Allies
Key points to consider:
• What does being a Radical Women of Color mean to you? (i.e. community, race, gender, motherhood, activism, silencing, diversity/intersectionality, movement building, etc.)
• What does it mean to be an ally?
• How would you devise new strategies for cross-cultural dialogue, theorizing, and alliance-building?
• Global perspectives are welcome
• Topic suggestions are welcome
Deadline: Sunday, November 9, 2008
Format: There is no format; the piece can be in the form of a short story, a personal experience, an essay, a poem, a collection of thoughts, photography, art, or a collaborative work. 4000 words maximum.
Since we are now in the process looking for a publisher, we still don't have an exact rate of payment for contributors. Although, we will be negotiating a payment of $25-$125 per piece.
A handwritten hard copy of the project agreement must be mailed before submission of final work (email address below to be sent project agreement). Once we make our final decisions, we will fill in our portion of the project agreement and send them back to contributors for their records. Contributors will be contacted with complete details once the publishing agreement is reached.
Please feel free to e-mail us with further questions or need for clarification. We look forward to hearing from you.