Monday, May 4, 2009

Book Swap!!!!!

Hey QBGs!

First of all, I apologize for the cyber-silence. I get overwhelmed by the internet sometimes. I recently had a Book Swap at my house that was just so delightful that I wanted to share it with you. There was lots of yummy food and a ginormous amount of books which, miraculously, found new homes with fellow readers in the community. Picture it: A place where the books are free and delightful snacks are served while you make your selections. You bring books that have been with you for a while that you really want others to read. People who have read the book you want to read are nearby to talk to you about it if you have questions. And again, the books are free. Sound good? Well it makes a great recession-era party idea.

Many people said they had never been to a book swap, I certainly hadn't until I hosted one so I just wanted to spread the idea around so maybe this can take root in other cities where there are QBGs. Anyway, go forth and swap.

love reading,
Zachari

No comments: