Concrete Ritual: For Audre Lorde's 79th Birthday from Alexis Pauline Gumbs on Vimeo.
Check out this poetry/video collaboration between Alexis Pauline Gumbs and Julia Roxanne Wallace and then sign up for our performance intensive honoring Audre Lorde ASAP!
Join the Brilliance Remastered community the first week of March for an interactive webinar investigation of performance and online ritual in relationship to community accountable intellectual work. Participants will learn about performance practices from Audre Lorde’s Chorale Need, a classic text designed to end violence against black women and the shared experience of creating a healing multi-media cyber performance for our community about who we are and what we need as community accountable intellectuals.Registration Due by Feb. 22, 2013
*the ensemble will be limited to 9 participants
Intensive dates: March 4,5,6,7,8 2012 (9pm Eastern Time)
Fee: Sliding Scale $150-250
- “Need” “Coal” “Power” and “Litany for Survival” by Audre Lorde,
- One Campus Guide to Performing “Need” edited by Alexis Pauline Gumbs
- Excerpts from Experiments in a Jazz Aesthetic by Omi Osun
- (all readings available via pdf and snail mail to registered participants)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info (INCLUDING SNAIL MAIL ADDRESS) and what you hope to get out of the course.
- Send registration deposit of $50 to Eternal Summer of the Black Feminist Mind via paypal:
- Full registration fee is due by March 1, 2013
- webinar will take place over google hangout. participants will have to register (for free) for google plus.