Monday, May 10, 2010

5 minutes with Tennille McMillan

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via bglhonline.com by Black Girl With Long Hair on 5/10/10

Tennille McMillan is the Brooklyn designer behind the naKIMuli line.

Tennille rocking some of her designs…

Where you from? Where you reppin?
T:
I am repping the best boro of NYC, which is Brooklyn.

In your own words, describe what you do.
T:
I design funky clothing for women brave enough to wear it.

What inspires your fashion & design?
T:
A lot of things inspire my designs. But I get a lot of inspiration from music, all types. I usually title my collections after songs. But I am also inspired by shapes, how certain shapes will look on a female body. And of course love is a big inspiration.

Why did you go natural?
T:
I have had natural hair for most of my life. I did have the occasional perm here and there but I also rocked braids a lot. But I decided to lock my hair in 1998. I was beginning to get tired of braiding my hair and people began to suggest locking it. I thought long and hard and did some research and decided to loc it. And I have not regrets! I'm still trying to get my mom to loc hers!

What's your regimen?
T:
I am probably the worst person to ask because I am always trying out new products, depending on the mood I'm in! lol I use a lot of light oils on my hair, preferably anything with some vitamin E in it.

The best thing you ever did for your hair was…
T:
loc it.

The worst thing you ever did to your hair was…
T:
perm it! I love all types of hair, including straight hair, but the chemicals, oh goodness! Having a perm was such a nightmare! And too high maintenance for me.

The hair accessory/product you can't live with out…
T:
Goody Ouchless Hair Bands. They are the best!

Your personal mantra is…
T:
Use what you got to get what you want. Stay true to who you are always!

Anything else you want to add?
T:
You can check me out online: www.nakimuli.com And you can email me. I don't bite. ;)

www.shop.nakimuli.com
http://nakimuli.tumblr.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/naKIMuli-Americas-Funky-Sweetheart/66206561529

Post to Twitter Tweet This Post


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: