Monday, March 14, 2011

candylocs:My 12yr old son came out to me on Tuesday...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via on 3/14/11



candylocs:

My 12yr old son came out to me on Tuesday night. 

The look of fear, pride, and relief in his eyes was something I can't explain. 

I love this little boy.

I've looked up to him since the day he could dance and sing across my living room.

Or the day he asked for his first BRATS doll and an XBOX 360 at the same time.

And the day he told me "This is who I am and I don't care what anyone thinks….as long as you love me."

I love this little boy.

He always knew who he was..and I did too.

I waited.

It's funny the relief I felt by just hearing it come out of his mouth.

It's scary the fear I feel for the friends and family we will lose.

I'm proud to be this boy's mother and respect his strength and confidence for that will be what gets him through these growing years. 

PEACE, LOVE and BLESSINGS new friends…for this is all we have in life:)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: