Friday, March 18, 2011

Support the @blackgirlproj ect!

I hope this message meets you in good spirits! As you may know, I recently made my first film, The Black Girl Project. The film has screened successfully at universities and organizations but there is a need for more materials in order to support my mission, which is to tell our stories. The film's educational outreach has sprouted a wonderful non-profit organization dedicated to supporting young women and girls. You can check it out at www.BlackGirlProject.org.

As an emerging filmmaker, I made the film on a budget of faith and not much else and have been delighted at the its reception. Here's where you come in: In order to fulfill my mission, I've started a Kickstarter page (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/810890058/the-black-girl-project) .

In order to meet our funding goal of $8000 by the end of March we need your support!! There's a great reward at every pledge level and I am asking you to contribute (even $1 will do!) and spread the message to friends and family to help us reach our goal. By making a pledge to The Black Girl Project, you'll be helping us tell more of our stories. Go to Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/810890058/the-black-girl-project), to learn more.

Please pass along, every pledge counts! Many thanks for reading.

With warm regards,

Aiesha

No comments: