Friday, August 19, 2011

Why Velvet Lips are Personal & Political

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via Poly People of Color on 8/19/11

Why Velvet Lips are Personal & Political:

velvetlipsllc:

Picture of Marla surrounded by arms and hands

One day, Dr. Ruth came into our Variations in Human Sexuality class.  That's the moment where I knew that that is what I wanted to do.  I figured that I could do the things that she's doing, but I can make it sexier.  I wanted to project free sexuality like Josephine Baker with the intelligence of a famous Black Sex Therapist.  I wanted to draw people in like moths.  That, and when I asked my friends if they were having orgasms, they looked at me as if "orgasm" was a foreign word.  From then on, I decided that I wanted to empower women to have more orgasms and to be free with their sexual wants, needs and desires.  If women aren't happy, the world isn't happy and I'm on a mission to make the world a better place.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: