Saturday, November 21, 2009

Because I am...


I feel on a daily basis I have to validate who I am as a Black Feminist, I think I am going to start making cards to just past them out….

I’m a Black Feminists because I want my Sistas to be able to walk down the street without being sexual harassed

I’m a Black Feminists because I want my Sistas to know that her work in her community is appreciated as any man

I’m a Black Feminists because I do not want a fist smashed down on my head by my brotha

I’m a Black Feminist because rape isn’t ok...neither is molestation or any sexual violence to Women

I’m a Black Feminists because I need more options than being a sex worker or a video girl

I’m a Black Feminists because the work of my fore mothers cannot go unnoticed, I have to reclaim and keep forward

I’m a Black Feminists because you broke me down and now I need to sojourn with my Sistas to get up…

I’m a Black Feminists so my daughters and her daughters can be counted and heard

I’m a Black Feminists so I can let Black men know that they are cheating themselves when they suppress me for false power fulfillment.

I’m a Black Feminist, because I can be one!

No comments: