Wednesday, December 1, 2010

brooklynmagic:moYA!afro-art-chick:“I’ve always been...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via Liquor&Spice on 12/1/10



brooklynmagic:

moYA!

afro-art-chick:

"I've always been obsessed with the inhuman. I'm just very intrigued by it."

"I feel like Harriet Tubman, except I am trying to free people through underground music, to free themselves creatively and inspirationally."

"I really just want to encourage and inspire people to use their freedom in a positive way and in a way that is inspiring to other people. I want to continue to pass down the seeds of change within the world. I think that it can start with just one person. Just like a rumor can get carried on, so can inspiration. I just want to be that person that is always constantly aware of my many gifts and talents. I just want to be able to use them to the best of my ability and to never hold back. It's up to me to help change the world, I cannot look at everybody else, I can only do what I can do. So thats what I want to do with my music, I want to inspire people creatively and artistically to be free."

"When I am dead and gone, I want people to know that I tried to change the world through my heart. I would also like to open a non-profit organization for young girls who come from dis-advantaged environments; and focus on their self esteem. I really want to be able to counsel them and want them to feel safe, and to feel like they can talk to me and my staff. To perfect their interests and crafts."

Happy 25th Birthday to singer, songwriter, dancer, and performer; Janelle Monae!  (December 1, 1985)

Love. Love. Love.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: