Friday, October 16, 2009

Side-Eye and Mouth of the Week!

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 


 Side Eye and Mouth of the Week!

fever 1 Side Eye and Mouth of the Week!

Nikole Churchill competed against nine Black students in the 15th annual Miss Hampton University scholarship pageant – - and won. The 22 year old senior nursing major, who attends the Virginia Beach campus, wrote to President Obama on Sunday to tell him that her crowning was met with negative comments because of her skin color. She also invited him to visit HU and speak about racial tolerance.

"I am hoping that perhaps you would be able to make an appearance to my campus, Hampton University, so that my fellow Hamptonians can stop focusing so much on the color of my skin and doubting my abilities to represent," she wrote, "but rather be proud of the changes our nation is making toward accepting diversity."

My job here is not to debate whether she deserves her title or not but to point out that the homie on the side is giving me all types of fever I have not felt in a very long time. All side-eyes are precious in His sight but when they are paired with a side-mouth their value goes through the roof. Shouts out to everybody who submitted!


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: