Thursday, October 8, 2009

your don’t knows

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via cripchick// blog by cripchick on 10/8/09

the more i sit in your meetings
participate in your organizations
wake up next to you
shake hands with you, make deals with you
love you

the more i become an expert

in your don't knows

like

you don't know how to sit in a circle
so you plant yourself
in the middle

you don't know who you are
instead you imitate my hair my clothes my art my food
my tongue my skin color,
even my soap operas

and it must be that no one has ever taught you
how to use a library card
because you don't know how clueless you look
expecting your earnesty
to be compensation for my time

by now i am an over-qualified over-educated expert in the field of your don't knows
where's my degree? my big house? my fancy research job?
i've earned it

let me guess
you don't know..


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: