Thursday, June 10, 2010

"As a black anarchafeminist, I’m about as concerned with women’s ‘equal righ...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via maia medicine on 6/10/10

"

As a black anarchafeminist, I'm about as concerned with women's 'equal right' to join in the slaughter of brown people as I am with someone's 'equal right' to join a human trafficking ring.

Rather, I'm not concerned about it at all; and I'm disappointed by assimilationists & reformists who seek inclusion in certain institutions without questioning the very legitimacy of those institutions in the first place.

I don't think a government decree grants violence some arbitrary cloak of legitimacy it wouldn't otherwise have – war is nothing more than state-sponsored mass murder; and the horrors of war tend to impact women (especially 'third world' women) in specific ways – that is the space on the Venn diagram where 'war' and 'feminism' touch that concerns me most, not some American woman's 'equal right' to drop bombs on innocent people.

"

- 'the humanity of ordinary people' « sights & sounds (via clingtomymouth) (via bonesarecoralmade) (via brownfemipower)

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: