Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:
FIERCE is a membership-based organization building the leadership and power of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) youth of color in New York City. Below is a job announcement for a new Executive Director:
Greetings FIERCE community,
As you may know, Rickke Mananzala will be leaving his position as FIERCE's Executive Director later this year. In his 6 years on FIERCE's staff, Rickke has been a visionary leader who has helped to build an amazing organization of LGBTQ youth of color in NYC. With Rickke's leadership, the organization has expanded its membership, launched a national program, and won key campaign victories for LGBTQ youth of color and their communities. We are thankful for Rickke's many contributions and are excited for his next steps.
FIERCE is conducting a national search for a new Executive Director, and we need your support to find an experienced, committed, fabulous and humble leader to join the FIERCE team! We hope that you will:
- Forward the attached job announcement to people you think might be good candidates, and encourage them to apply.
- Help spread the word by forwarding the job announcement link to your personal contacts, listservs, twitter, facebook: http://www.fiercenyc.org/index.php?s=83 (FIERCE ED Job Announcement Link)
- Let us know if you have questions or ideas for candidates by emailing <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced and deeply committed to: youth-led organizing; movement-building; racial, economic and gender justice values; sustaining a positive and affirming organizational culture; and ensuring that the organization continues to grow and strengthen its overall systems to support the work. We hope that you'll be creative about your ideas for candidates, and help us spread the word that the search is on!
The next ED of FIERCE will be joining a strong team of staff, member leaders and board. They will also be helping to lead an organization that is respected nationally for its many accomplishments. Over its 10 years, FIERCE has:
- Trained over 250 LGBTQ youth of color leaders, many of whom have gone on to become leaders and organizers in other multi-generational social justice organizations in NYC and across the country.
- Built a strong membership base of 1,200 LGBTQ youth of color, including homeless and low-income youth who have built and led campaigns.
- Launched a national program to support LGBTQ youth organizing and leadership in broader social justice movement.
- Won key victories, including: preventing displacement of LGBTQ youth of color from historically safe spaces in the West Village; maintaining the right to public space for LGBTQ youth of color; ensuring that more NYC resources are directed to the needs of homeless and low-income LGBTQ youth, and more!
We're counting on you to help us spread the word. For more information, or to apply, go to http://www.fiercenyc.org/index.php?s=83
In solidarity, Raquel, FIERCE board member
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to INCITE! Blog » FIERCE seeks Executive Director using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your favorite sites