Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:
with each upside-down turn of events, my heart has broken further and has threatened to take my mind with it because my mind wants to make sense of something that my heart knows full well it cannot.
and should not.
what i can do instead is try to sort out what is real and what is not. that's an illusion of sorts too, i know, but this is what i came up with:
Nine Things Real and Not Real
- we, the People, are divided by fear, lack of vision and imagination is real.
- the so-called border that divides this land from the people we took it from by force is not real
- the horrific show of how deep this country's racism runs, masking itself as it's very own Party of hatred, is real.
- the idea that a President of any race, color, gender or creed can rise above and act beyond a corrupted system that put them there to begin with is not real.
- the toxic waste hemorrhaging onto the land from 5000 feel under the sea—laying waste to the life in its path—is real.
- the will to stop feeding off of "ancient hours of sunlight" and converting fossils into a fuel that drives death and destruction worldwide is not real.
- the cordoning off of nearly 1.5 million people like so much cattle that amounts to a New Millenium Apartheid is real.
- the resolve of America and the world to stop financing state-sanctioned war crimes and now international law breaches is not real.
- the deep divisions of our society, people and planet, based on the peculiar illusory constructs of race, class, privilege, supremacy and superiority is real. and for this, we will all pay.