Monday, June 28, 2010

"I said nothing. I was beginning to realize that he loved the woman - to her...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via maia medicine on 6/28/10

"I said nothing. I was beginning to realize that he loved the woman - to her misfortune. There was no shame in raping a black woman, but there could be shame in loving one."

-

From Kindred

When I read this paragraph, my heart skipped a beat. This, as we say write in our social media short hand. THIS.

(via simplyann)

Oh. This sparked a revolution in my mind 3 years ago. At that point, I really began to understand what it meant to be a Black (slave) woman in America.

(via herzundseele)

Kindred AUTOMATIC REBLOG

(via blackamazon)

Yeah my brain made something of a "duuuuuuude" sound when i read these sentences.  

(via jadedhippy)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: