Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kerry LEATHAM ...according to Kerry Leatham.

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via c h a s e o l o g y . c o m [ ..b00m.. ] by chaaaase. for CHASEOLOGY.COM on 9/21/09


Her BIO via MYSPACE:
I play guitar, I sing and I write, all three make me exceptionally happy.... I enjoy my own space and spend a lot of my time daydreaming..

It always makes me feel slightly uneasy when people ask me what my songs are about. If it's not blindingly obvious, is it not better to interpret from them what you need or want? I personally find this is when I feel most connected to an artist.

OK, so I'm currently on my busking tour of the UK – going to beautiful and strange places – going anywhere, and playing. It's what I love to do. All of this is being filmed and posted on my new site www.guerrillabusker.com! Please check it out. I started off in London then moved south (Brighton, Portsmouth etc.) and I've just been doing some of the North – went to this year's Edinburgh Festival which was amazing fun – what a great city. If anyone has any suggestions of towns/landmarks that you think I should play, feel free to get in touch via GuerrillaBusker.com.

I'm currently coming to the end of recording my first album – it's going to be out very soon. We're doing a digital release and a beautiful, special album – a whole new concept in albums… but I probably shouldn't be talking about this yet! The album's working title is 'Stories From The Self Obsessed'. Am I obsessed with myself? No, but I am obsessed with making music.

If you haven't heard me Guerrilla Busking, you might have heard my track 'Run Dry' on Adulthood. Bashy was searching MySpace, found me & loved the track. I was totally flattered for it to make the film!

Savage Fox records' co-founder Kwame Kwaten says of Kerry Leatham: "I met her one day in Colchester in a strange pub. What was obvious was she really didn't like talking at all. She was nervous as hell but when I heard her play guitar and sing.. all that nervousness disappeared.. she has 'it' (whatever 'it' is). A beautiful, intelligent, urban-folk thing. Close your eyes, listen and she takes you there.."

http://www.myspace.com/kerryleatham
http://www.myspace.com/kerryleatham
http://www.myspace.com/kerryleatham
http://www.myspace.com/kerryleatham


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: