Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:
How to be miserable as an artist. My life coach would probably say you need to turn these into positives and use them as affirmations until you live it for realsies. Though he would not say "for realsies."
HOW TO FEEL MISERABLE AS AN ARTIST
(Or, what not to do, underline any that currently apply)
- Constantly compare yourself to other artists.
- Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on.
- Base the success of your entire career on one project.
- Stick with what you know.
- Undervalue your expertise.
- Let money dictate what you do.
- Bow to societal pressures.
- Only do work that your family would love.
- Do whatever the client/customer/gallery owner/patron/investor asks.
- Set unachievable/overwhelming goals. To be accomplished by tomorrow.