Friday, January 28, 2011

The Universe Works: Dear followers who use facebook.

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via on 1/27/11

The Universe Works: Dear followers who use facebook.:

theuniverseworks:

As of today, the new Facebook Privacy setting called "Instant Personalization" goes into effect. The new setting shares your data with non-Facebook websites & it is BY DEFAULT set to "Enabled"! Go to Account>Privacy Settings>Apps & Websites (edit settings)>Instant Personalization> & uncheck "Enable". Not only is your personal information shared, but those of everyone in your friend's list.

I thanked my friend for posting this and he responded "no problem, there is no reason a open-source website should be selling everything about you. everyone word you wrote in anger, loneliness, happiness WHATEVER its disgusting. did you know you can download your facebook file of allll your activity since you made your acct?"

This includes facebook chat. Companies that are hiring you can look at what you say in facebook chat. I think this might be the end of my facebook. I normally don't post things that don't fall into the general theme of my tumblr, but I just wanted to spread the word and increase awareness of the invasion of privacy that facebook is cultivating.

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: