Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:
Here is a list of things that women have invented (some that we even still use today):
- "Apgar score" for assesssing the health of infants
- windshield wipers
- a way of processing film
- non-reflecting glass
- fireproof building material
- the world's first antifungal antibiotic
- maritime signal flares
- the cpr mannequin
- radium and x-rays
- the leukemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine
- drugs that facilitated kidney transplants and other drugs for the treatment of cancer and leukemia
- pertroleum refining technology
- naturally coloured cotton
- x-rays to find the structural layouts of atoms and to discover the overall molecular shape of over 100 molecules including: penicillin, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and insulin
- computerized telephone switching system
- a material five times stronger than steel called Kevlar.
And even way more than that. Medical advances, scientific advances, amazing engineers, designers, doctors, inventors, film-makers, writers, artists, huminitarians, politicians, soldiers, and more, can be women. There is nothing a woman is not capable of doing just because she is a woman.
Just wanted to reblog this list too. Also, the hydrometer. And the home diabetes test.