Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I am not a woman trapped in a man’s body. This body is no man’s; it is mine...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via on 2/5/11

"

I am not a woman trapped in a man's body. This body is no man's; it is mine, it is me, and there is no man in that equation. And I am not trapped in it. There are a million and one ways out of this body, and I have clung to it, tooth and claw, despite an endless line of people and institutions who would rather I vacate the premises, and have sometimes been willing to make me bleed to convince me they're right.

This body is mine, and I claim it and its bruises, and it is not a man's, and I am not trapped here. I have looked leaving my body in the eye and I have said, in the end, hell no. There is too much to do, too much to love, too many who need one more of us to say hell no and help them say the same.

"

-

little light, the seam of skin and scales (Taking Steps)

A friend re-linked me to this post a bit ago. I always love reading it, and I love her "feminism of the monstrous".

(via kiriamaya)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: