5th International Women's Institute on Leadership and Disability (WILD)
August 6 - 29, 2010 in Eugene , Oregon , USA
Apply EarlyWe expect to review a large number of applications for a limited number of openings. Limited scholarships may be available based on applicant's demonstrated financial need. Application deadline is March 1, 2010.
About the ProgramMIUSA's Women's Institute on Leadership and Disability (WILD) will bring together approximately 25 women leaders with disabilities to strengthen leadership skills, create new visions and build international networks of support.
During the 3-week program, participants will take part in workshops and discussions, conduct on-site visits, and participate in team-building activities, to explore challenges and exchange strategies for increasing leadership opportunities and employment of women and girls with disabilities internationally.
Program activities will focus on priority issues for women with disabilities, including:
- Leadership for economic empowerment
- Educational rights and opportunities
- Career planning and higher education
- Employment strategies
- Health and family issues
- Using the media and coalition building
- Organizational development and sustainability
- Inclusive international development programs
- Cultural and team-building
- Mentorship and networking
- Goals and action plans
The official languages of WILD are English and American Sign Language (ASL). Arabic, French and Spanish language interpreters will be provided based on need of the selected delegation.
Who Can ApplyEmerging and established women leaders with disabilities from around the world who demonstrate:
- Personal experience with disability, an understanding of issues, and a commitment to working for the rights of women and girls with disabilities
- Membership in an organization led by and for people with disabilities, or by and for women, with particular attention to issues of women and girls with disabilities; or employment in a business or program committed to inclusion of women and girls with disabilities
- Commitment to and capacity for increasing leadership opportunities and employment of women with disabilities in the community and/or country
Program CostTotal cost is USD$250 - Includes all travel, food, lodging and program costs. Scholarships are available.
Apply EarlyApplication deadline is March 1, 2010. We expect to review a large number of applications for a limited number of openings. Limited scholarships may be available based on applicant's demonstrated financial need.
Applications in alternative formats are available upon request
Please send applications, attention "WILD 2010" by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 1-541-343-6812
WILD 2010 is made possible by the generous sponsorship of the Walmart Foundation, Mobility International USA and with support from individuals and local businesses in Eugene and Springfield , Oregon .