Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"I want to live in a world where there isn’t a hierarchy of relationships, w...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via maia medicine on 2/8/11

"

I want to live in a world where there isn't a hierarchy of relationships, where romantic love isn't assumed to be more important than other kinds, where folks can center any relationships they want whether it be their relationship to their spiritual practice, kids, lovers, friends, etc. and not have some notion that it's more or less important because of who or what's in focus. I want to feel like I can develop intimacy with people whether we are sleeping together or not that I will be cared for whether I am romantically involved with someone or not. I want a community that takes interdependency seriously that doesn't assume that it's only a familial or romantic relationship responsibility to be there for each other.

I didn't just dream this way of relating to each other up. Other cultures and communities throughout time have had more options in terms of how they construct connection. And we are doing it now. Folks are creating interdependent relationships and community that disrupt popular perceptions of appropriate partnering. I just wonder what it will take to get more of us to honestly evaluate the realities of our love and determine whether we are actually getting what we want. Love is abundant, not scarce. Why would we ever want to limit or narrow its flow?

"

-

http://crunkfeministcollective.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/living-single/ (via glitterpolitic)

Relevant. 

(via champagnecandy)

Totally thanking Sarah for sharing this.

(via reachingtheshore)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: