Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This year for the month of February, I’d like to focus on...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via Composed. on 2/1/11



This year for the month of February, I'd like to focus on Black American Herstory. There are many little known powerful, earth-changing women throughout history/herstory to speak of, but I would like to take this opportunity to speak to my contemporaries, my peers, my friends, and my loved ones who are making herstory right now.

So, meet Corinne Stevie Francilus. She gets day one because she's so sincere. She's an emcee, a muralist, a fine artist, a weirdo, a lover, a mover and a shaker, and so many other fleeting titles one could put on her. I've been following her work since I first met her in 2006. This time was my introduction to a Renaissance-like era taking place in Atlanta among young artists in the city. While the faces change, this era continues today in the A, and C. Stevie is undoubtedly one of its pioneers.

Check her out and giver her lots of love!!

Flickr

Facebook

Myspace

Myspace 2

Art Nouveau Magazine


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: